Company: Tennessee Valley Public Power Association (TVPPA)
Position: Digital Marketing Specialist
This position reports to the Vice President, Communications & Marketing, and is responsible for providing specialized communications and marketing support through the creation and ongoing maintenance of the association’s online presence via social media, digital media, website and other electronic communications platforms, and by executing marketing campaigns and other programs that drive member engagement. This position collaboratively oversees the association’s multi-media content development, social media presence and website content, and serves as a subject matter expert on effective digital engagement with our members.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes digital media to drive member engagement, build brand awareness and a strong relationship with our membership and other target audiences, create and add value, and promote our products and services.
- Leads the association’s social media efforts. This includes but is not limited to social media content development and regularly posting on multiple social media platforms; supporting the development and implementation of social media strategy; tracking social media analytics and using analytics to inform strategy; monitoring user engagement and advising on content optimization.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to create on-brand multi-media content that can be used to add visual interest to the association’s social media, website, digital magazine and marketing campaigns. This includes leading the planning and execution of visual elements including photo, video and social media graphics.
- Monitors social media communications and develops responses to feedback, questions and concerns, as appropriate.
- Creates content that delivers on TVPPA’s brand promise, reaches intended audiences at their point of engagement; and adheres to industry standards for best practices.
- Follows TVPPA member and industry partner news and shares proactively on social media when appropriate; distributes news items internally and promotes information sharing among colleagues for the betterment of TVPPA’s member services and the benefit of members.
- Is responsible for maintaining TVPPA’s website content, ensuring that it is relevant, current and continually refreshed.
- Plays an integral role in the redevelopment of TVPPA’s website, including assistance with the evaluation of existing content, prioritizing future content, evaluating site design and working collaboratively with Publications & Content Manager to refresh website content.
- In partnership with Publications & Content Manager, establishes regular communications with TVPPA departments, particularly Education & Training, Conferences and Member Engagement, to collect information and ensure appropriately timed event publicity, news communications and social media.
- Maintains and provides timely updates of TVPPA Jobline and calendar sections of the TVPPA.com website. Plays a supporting role in the content writing and editing, and the timely distribution of communications projects via website posts, news portal updates, app push notifications, e-news communications and more.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of organizational communications and marketing strategies.
- Uses online project management platform to plan and track timelines and assignments for detailed work, especially where cross-functional work is needed to complete a communication or campaign.
- Attends TVPPA conferences to develop written and visual content; when needed, provides on-site registration and event assistance to support Conferences team.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related business field
- 3-5 years work experience in one or more areas of digital marketing, social media communications, journalism or other relevant industries
- Knowledge of social media, including the ability to effectively use Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to promote organizational interests, and experience using social media management tools
- Experience creating multimedia content, including engaging writing, photographs and videos
- High comfort level with technology; willingness to learn and use different online platforms and email systems. Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing via WordPress.
- Knowledge of graphic design
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and collaboratively; able to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Experience with WordPress, Salesforce, Emma e-mail marketing and Basecamp is preferred
- Proficiency with AP style is preferred
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required for the position. Applicants must be able to work in a complex, confidential and changing environment. They must have a demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands, and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Please send your resume to Human Resources at [email protected].
This content was originally published here.